Maybe the title is a little exaggerated, but that's kind of how it felt yesterday.
Allow me to back-track for a second.
In Jericho Ministries, we live by faith. Full-blown "I know God's going to provide for those who are faithful to Him" faith. It's an awesome thing.
Really it is. Let's be honest, at the beginning it made me nervous. Living on faith involved a lot of praying and a lot of me just sitting back when I really wanted to jump in and "fix" things. But I have learned to realax and allow God to do what He wants to do.
Jump ahead a bit to last week when it came time to pay the staff and the bills and buy groceries for Jericho School and the Jericho family of 26+. We were getting down to the bottom of the barrel. But I was a little oblivious to this, so I didn't even really have the chance to pray or sit back and be a bystander.
But an innocent bystander I was! I spend my day off tutoring at a bilingual school run by my friend Jaime's in-laws. I had stopped by on Monday and they had asked if they could buy some chicken for the Villa. Heck yes I said (we can always use more chicken). The next day on Tuesday, I stopped by and was shocked when they starting loading bags of groceries into the back of the pick-up truck!
A 10-lb bag of pancake mix, powdered milk, rice, sugar, spaghetti, etc, and not just one chicken- but 5! It was a huge blessing to say the least...but we're not even to the best part.
My next stop was to Jericho to pick up the Tony (the engineer for the road, and Elvia's husband) who was going to be coming back to the Villa with me. So while I waited for him, I proceeded to tell Saira (our office administrator) and Norma (the school cook) about this donation.
I asked Norma if she needed anything for the school because we had just bought groceries for the Villa on Sunday and she followed me out to the truck where her excitement only grew. She asked for the spaghetti noodles so she could make spaghetti for the kids on Wednesday. Did we have sauce she asked? Sure enough, another bag was full of it! And butter, meat, and cheese? We uncovered those in other bags as well.
By the time we divided the food, Norma realized that she had enough for meals for the rest of the week and there was still quite a bit of food for me to take to Villa! I didn't realize how big of a blessing it was for her (and the kids) until I opened the refrigerator and cupboards at Jericho School...empty.
Norma had been praying about what to do for meals all week because there was literally no food to cook with.
How great is our God! It was such a wonderful reminder to me that God answers all of our prayers, even if they may seem trivial. And it was fun to be able to be part of the process. I was completely in the dark as to why God had blessed us with so much food, but He knew the end result.
Sometimes we put too much trust in ourselves and when we try to control the show, we miss out on so many of God's miracles. It's when we live by faith and put complete trust in God's will that He reveals Himself to us and shows us what He's really capable of. I LOVE seeing that!
Thanks for continuing to pray with us at Jericho, we love seeing God's blessing pour down on us like manna from heaven. And I pray that you have the opportunity to see God's daily-miracles. Thank God that we can live by faith and not sight.
Thanks for sharing this Katie. Praise the Lord! What an encouragement. Praying for you friend.
ReplyDelete