"Hurry up, let's go!"
This is how I was woken up on Saturday morning by 8-year-old Noe. These are two phrases that I use quite often with the younger kids who tend to be a little pokey in the morning but I never thought they'd catch on so fast!
The kids here love using English phrases and being able to speak with English-speakers. I try to use English throughout the day, inter-mixed with Spanish so that the kids catch on faster. And of course, we have 40 minutes of day of English where I teach the basics: numbers, colors, greetings, etc.
My Spanish here is improving too. Living with 9 kids, I'm learning the vocabulary for "tattle-tale, whining, fighting, discipline, punishment, etc". I can't believe they didn't teach these words in school! But honestly, there are some days where I think "I cant' believe I'm living my life in Spanish". I go to church in Spanish, talk on the phone in Spanish, communicate with others, discipline, have heart-to-hearts, etc all in Spanish. It's a great feeling!
No comments:
Post a Comment